This is my very first design. I used an outline image from a Dover ClipArt book and CD, "Geometric Designs",
as my background and laid my stitches over it to mimic the outline. Then I tried to crochet from the diagram.
This showed me I had my stitch counts way off. So I marked the new counts on the printout of my graph and edited
the graph to reflect the changes. Then I crocheted this from the diagram.
As you can see, I am not much of a designer. But it was a good workout for SymblCro.
Row 1: 16 dc in foundation
Row 3: 4dc on 4ch, (dc, ch1, dc) in hdc to make corner
Row 4: ch12 betw sc's
Row 5: 13 sc's on 12ch
Row 6: 17 ch betw bobble clusters
Row 7: ch 13 betw. tr's and clusters
Row 8: (sc, ch1, sc) for corner
Row 9: 15 ch
Row 10: 17 sc on 15ch
Row 11: ch 15 betw sc's
Row 12: sc, hdc, 4dc, 7tr. 2dc, hdc on 15ch
Row 13: 12 ch betw 9tr fans
Row 14: ch 17
Row 15: make sts into chs
Row 16: cluster has trtr, 2dtr, 3tr (skip 6th tr in group beneath); ch 13 betw. clusters
Row 17: sc in cluster, 13sc on 13ch